Flotation Facilitator / Receptionist – Part Time – Two Weekend Evening Shifts / Week
Our Boulder flotation practice (sensory deprivation) is seeking a part-time flotationist / receptionist to join our Float Family! Our new and improved facility in Table Mesa has with four tanks and two massage/wellness rooms.
The ideal flotationists will be positive, able to project calm and neutral energy, is detail oriented, partake in conversation, able to throughly clean and reset our four tank rooms, have an interest in health and wellness, and most of all: enjoy floating!
This is a part-time position requiring two shifts per week.
The center is open seven days a week, with two employee shifts per day. We are generally open to clients from 9a-9p, with the last float starting no later than 7p. The first shift is 8:00a-3:30p and the second shift is 3:30p- either ~8:00 or ~10:00p, depending on the schedule.
Shifts included in this position:
• Saturday PM (3:30p – close)
• Sunday PM (3:30p – close)
This position is $11 / hour (roughly 13 hours per week) with free flotation. For example, if you were to float for 90 Minutes once a week at $75 per float, this brings your hourly to a $16.77 / hour value. If you were to float for 90 Minutes twice per week at $75 per float, this brings your hourly to a $22.54 / hour value.
There is opportunity and expectation for occasional coverage for our other employees as needed. We will not be offering double shifts, as that ends up being a very long day and we do not want any of our employees to get burned out. Similarly, you will never have to work overtime.
This position is a long-term, part-time opportunity; please do not apply for a short term job.
• Greet and assist clients and direct them to appointments / services
• Thorough room cleaning / resetting between each client and upon closing
• Ensure a high quality of maintenance and upkeep for flotation tanks and reception area
• Schedule appointments and check out clients via Mindbody
• Answer phone calls and respond to voicemails
• Host tours for guests and newcomers to the facility
• Ensure upkeep of laundry throughout shift and making sure the next shift will be well stocked
• Forward information to manager or owner
The ideal candidate has the following attributes:
• Personally passionate about their own flotation practice. ***Has floated and loves talking about it!*** Please note your personal experience with flotation / sensory deprivation therapy! Due to the high volume of applicants, please do not apply if you have never floated before. Applicants that skip this step will automatically not be considered.
• Carries themselves in a friendly, and positive manner, with the ability to remain neutral and not influence clients prior to their sensory deprivation experience
• Has strong attention to detail
• Should be professional and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
• Is able to work well under stress, and be able to multitask effectively while meeting deadlines
• Is extremely reliable and punctual
• Has the ability to perform various physical tasks during the work shift
• Ability to throughly clean and sanitize rooms between clients
• Ability to give tours of facility and explain flotation to clients
• Previous experience in customer service
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Excellent communication skills, over phone and in person
• Own a laptop or feel comfortable using an iPad or iPhone
• Live within or close to Boulder, Colorado
*** Please submit your resume and a statement on why either position appeals to you, specifically including your experience with flotation to email@example.com *** Due to the high volume of applicants, applicants that skip this step will automatically not be considered.
All candidates will need to provide 3 references and pass a background check.